Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
tsanfilipp
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tim S

[Feature request] reporting enhancements

Post by tsanfilipp »

A couple of things I'd like enhanced or added:

1.) In the mailbox protection report, it would be nice to be able to exclude mailboxes that you have no intention of backing up. This is more of an OCD thing than actual usage, but it irks me to see unprotected next to so many mailboxes.

2.) In the mailbox protection report, it would be nice to have the date added to office 365 to the report, so that I can see if any new mailboxes were added to the organization and somehow not picked up by Veeam. Also, it would be nice to enable a date range on the report, so we can see within a specific time period, how many mailboxes were added to a protection scheme.

3.) Recently, we've had a program on the Veeam server interrupt with the backup process, causing the jobs to drop into an interrupted state. Without actually looking at the server, this status would not have been discovered. Because the job was interrupted and not in a "success/warning/failed" state, the email notification never was sent in regards to these jobs. In addition, since the job was interrupted, the retry function of the job never kicked in, meaning you'd have to wait until the next job run or start the job manually. Instead of "interrupted" can the job be put into a warning state instead, so that we get the properly job completing notification?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Feature request : reporting enhancements

Post by Polina »

Hi Tim,

1) Limiting the scope of the report to specific mailboxes potentially will put a backup admin at risk of losing the entire picture (IMO), but your request is noted. As a workaround, did you try to generate the report in CSV and simply filter the unneeded mailboxes?

2) Good suggestions and some food for thought also.

3) It'd be great to get more information on this case; any chance you could provide me VBO logs?

Thanks!