Feature Request - Scale out proxies

Maintain control of your Microsoft Office 365 email data

Feature Request - Scale out proxies

Veeam Logoby efranklin » Mon May 22, 2017 3:29 pm

With the announcement Office365 v1.5 at VeeamOn last week which has multi-tenant support, I would like to see the equivalent of Scale-out Backup Repository for proxies. As a service provider, it would be nice if we could pool proxies together and let Veeam Backup for Office 365 balance the load between the proxies. To add to this, an option to put a proxy in maintenance mode so it would be easier to update proxies without having downtime. I'm thinking the maintenance mode option would let the current job finish before setting the proxy into downtime.

This would help with higher availability with this product.
efranklin
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Franklin

Re: Feature Request - Scale out proxies

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Eric,

Thanks for the FR, but that won't be that easy. The issue is that our "repository" is a running database so in that case we would need to work differently. But some sort of maintenance mode is something I certainly can think about together with the team. The load balance is another thing which seems a bit more difficult but never say never with Veeam ;-)
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request - Scale out proxies

Veeam Logoby CarlMcDade » Thu May 25, 2017 2:57 pm

I like the idea of maintenance modes for veeam features. This would help with staging windows updates etc.

We kind of have this with DNS RR on cloud gateways, and its worked very well

Cheers
mail@carlmcdade.com
http://twitter.com/CarlMcDade
http://www.carlmcdade.com
CarlMcDade
Service Provider

Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Carl McDade

Return to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365