Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
fgiugliano
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frank Giugliano

How do I delete a deleted user?

Post by fgiugliano »

We had an employee leave us, they were deleted in O365, now unable to remove from the backup job.
When I go to edit, I see the user, but then when I click select they are not in this list to uncheck.
Now we get a warning every time the job runs.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: How do I delete a deleted user?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Frank,

That sounds like there is something wrong. Did you disable the job first before editing? If so, please log a support call and post the case ID here so we can follow. Also post the response from the support team here afterwards

Thanks
Mike
fgiugliano
Novice

Post by fgiugliano »

You can't edit the job without disabling.
I was able to figure this out on my own:
I just edited the job, and went to the mailbox selection screen, then just continued forward and saved it.
The user doesn't show because it's actually connecting to your office 365 and showing a list of active users.
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the ex-user is off the list and I'm not getting any more warnings.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

But you did had to go through the wizard again?

I will have a look and think about possibilities to maybe change the behavior. I think a warning (the first time) is correct since you need to know that a user is gone. But maybe we can be more innovative to solve it besides going through the wizard. But no promises at this moment and any idea is appreciated

Thanks
Mike
fgiugliano
Novice

Post by fgiugliano »

Yes, correct, I went through the wizard again, I made no change, just next all the way through then finish, and ran my job again and was good to go.
friopel
Influencer
Full Name: Franc Riopel

Post by friopel »

I may be wrong here, but doesn't Office 365 keep the mailbox for 30 days after you delete it? Could it be what's going on here?
PizzaGuy
Novice

Post by PizzaGuy »

After upgrading to Veeam O365 v1.5.0.1309 (from v1.0.0.912), I was able to remove a deleted user from my backup job. This version shows all users from your job, including ones deleted from O365. Make sure you read the requirements before upgrading. The Veeam O365 upgrade requires a Veeam Explorer for Exchange upgrade which may require a Veeam Backup and Replication.