Integration with the VBR

Maintain control of your Microsoft Office 365 email data

Integration with the VBR

Veeam Logoby dcampregher » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello,

How can i integrate the Agent for O365 with my VBR 9.5 ? In the user guide i can't find any information about this steps.
dcampregher
Service Provider

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Re: Integration with the VBR

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi Diogo,

At this moment you can't integrate VBO with VBR. If you have installed VBO on a VM, then you can backup that server with VBR and our system will recognize it is a VBO server and you will be able to do item-level recovery straight from that backupped server.

Hope it helps
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 365 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby dcampregher » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Hello Mike,

Very weird because in the last presentation that i've see in the webinar, the PPT show that is possible to integrate it with the VBR to use the repository on VBR and to use other operations like backup to tape.

The same presentation show that is possible restore any data from VBO to Exchange on premisse.
dcampregher
Service Provider

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Veeam Logoby jmmarton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:10 am

If VBR is using a Windows or CIFS repository, then the disk that VBO uses could wind up being the same disk as VBR. So it's like you're putting it on the repository but it's not through any sort of integration with VBR.

Joe
jmmarton
Veeam Software

Liked: 89 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:19 am

Hi Diogo,

Yep, that is exactly what I said. You can backup the VM to your VBR repository. What won't work (And maybe that is what you mean) is storing the data directly on the VBR repository from the solution itself since that VBO repository is not the same as a VBR repository due to the nature of the service. From the moment you have it on a VM, and back it up like any other VM, VBR will recognize that it is a VBO server and give you the possibility to restore that data.

Maybe there was something not clearly told in that presentation. Can you recall what presentation it was and I will have a look
Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 365 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

[MERGED] REQUEST- Iintegration with Veeam B&R

Veeam Logoby cmor1701d » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 pm

I know this topic has been brought up in the past. Integration with B&R was implied as a next release feature.
Is that still the case, and when can we expect that?

Would installing this on the B&R server be a bad idea for now, (interfere with normal B&R jobs)?
cmor1701d
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Seymour Halpern

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes, this feature is still on the radar, but we cannot share any ETA yet. As to your second question, then please take a look at this topic > Can we install Veeam O365 on server that has BR9?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1117 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365