Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
martin_nz
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin

MFA Login Error: Connect to PowerShell: The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft System

Post by martin_nz »

Hello
I am migrating over my user for Office 365 backup to a MFA user and I am getting the following error when trying to verify

Connect to PowerShell: The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft System

I have set up application passwords, ID and secret.

Any help would be appreciated.
martin_nz
Enthusiast

Re: MFA Login Error: Connect to PowerShell: The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft System

Post by martin_nz »

I have upgraded the software and I am now getting
Connect to Powershell: Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message: Access is denied
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: MFA Login Error: Connect to PowerShell: The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft System

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Martin,

What I am guessing here is that you have switched your user to MFA but that you haven't allowed legacy protocols which we need to work with PowerShell. Can you log a support case? I believe our engineers will be able to see quickly what is missing in access rights

Thanks
Mike
martin_nz
Enthusiast

Post by martin_nz »

I have logged a support case - it is 03915378