Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
brollman
Influencer
Liked: never

New Install Questions and Problems

Post by brollman »

Greetings. We recently migrated to O365 and I've been trying to set up our VBO365. Between app IDs and secrets, account permissions, impersonation roles, etc, I'm not even sure where I am any more. That said, I THOUGHT i had it all working. Org set up, job ready to go, set to item, 1 year, runs once a night, etc.

Problem is, I didn't set the storage location right. So instead of it using one of the VSPs, it just went straight to the C drive. (Oversight, just clicking through setups, my fault.)

So the job ran, but it ran out of space, and now the proxy is disconnected. I'm guessing those are linked. I can't reconnect the proxy. I also can't apparently change the Path without that proxy being active. Catch 22? So I thought about just creating a new Repository, pointing to an available volume, but I also wouldn't mind getting rid of the data from last night. It's just one (first) night and I'm okay not having it. I'm guessing there's no way to just move the data to a new location.

I've also read the only way to get the proxy started again is to uninstall VBO365 and delete/rename the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 folder. Is that true?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: New Install Questions and Problems

Post by Polina »

Hi brollman,

First, no worries - you can move the data from one repository to another with PowerShell :)
And if you run a quick search here on forums, you'll likely find a few other threads discussing similar scenarios.

For the proxy issue, did you try to rescan it first? also, I assume this is a remote proxy, right?
brollman
Influencer

Post by brollman »

Thanks. :) I'll look around.

First thing, I saw the proxy service was stopped, so I started it and then I was able to create a new repository. But before that I did do a rescan and then an upgrade.
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Ok, so is it all up and running now?
brollman
Influencer

Post by brollman »

Yes, but I haven't set a new job yet.

Now I'm tryingin move-vboeentitydata but I'm getting an error. Can I move all data from one repository to another? If so, once I do, will that move it physically from one volume to another or just database information? (Trying to clean up that errantly overloaded C:\), and if I can't move it en mass with that command, how does that get moved? (Reading up on the commands now.)

The Get-VBORepository matches except fo the times, I haven't set up a new job yet, just the repository and organization. Do any services have to be stopped first?
brollman
Influencer

Post by brollman »

Again, I don't really need that first day of data, I think having it run in the new location is fine. I just want to remove the previous job's data cleanly.

I'm running this

$repository = Get-VBORepository -Name "Default Backup Repository"

$site = Get-VBOEntityData -Type Site -Repository $repository -Name "remove" <--- have question about this. The KB article has it set to "support" so I thought it was an arbitrary name given to the process. Is this the actual organization site name?

Remove-VBOEntityData -Repository $repository -Site $site

This is what I get.

PS C:\Users\ntadmin> $repository = Get-VBORepository -Name "Default Backup Repository"
PS C:\Users\ntadmin> $site = Get-VBOEntityData -Type Site -Repository $repository -Name "TexasMedical.onmicrosoft.com"
PS C:\Users\ntadmin> Remove-VBOEntityData -Repository $repository -Site $site
Remove-VBOEntityData : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Site'. The argument is null. Provide a valid value for
the argument, and then try running the command again.
At line:1 char:52
+ Remove-VBOEntityData -Repository $repository -Site $site
+ ~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Remove-VBOEntityData], ParameterBindingValidationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Veeam.Archiver.PowerShell.Cmdlets.BackupItems.RemoveVBO
EntityData
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

You're moving not the entire organization's data, but a specific site. The error points that you didn't specify the site name correctly.

There's also another way to do the job - follow the #3-5 steps from this KB article (I should have provided it from the very beginning to save you some time. Mea culpa)
brollman
Influencer

Post by brollman »

Okay thank you.

Still, just removing the data now, not worrying about moving it. :)