Henrik.Grevelund wrote:Hi Mike,
I noticed this line:
When planning for the deployment of the solution components, remember that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5 and Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 must be installed on the same server.
If i understand this correctly, everything on 1 machine, i do estimate some scalability issues in the future.
I second this concern.
So, in the future there are two options:
1) Run the O365 Server separated from the VBR and use the API to build a self service Portal
+ Customer doesn't need a VBR Server
+ O365 Server is separated from the rest of the infrastructure
- we have to build and maintain the Portal
2) Install the O365 Server together with VBR
+ we can manage tenants from a single VBR
- Customer needs a VBR Server
- potential scalability issues
- single point of failure for everything
We will go with Option 1 then, cause we also want to protect customers that are not replicating their backups to our Datacenter or even backup their data with Veeam.