Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Dave19
Lurker
Liked: never

SSL Certificate Error when Adding Organisation (New Install)

Post by Dave19 »

Hi Guys,

Trying to get this trial of Veeam Backup O365 up and running. I run through the wizard and it succeeds on 'Connect to Microsoft Graph' and 'Connect to EWS' but then fails on 'Connect to Powershell' with an error message stating that:

The server certificate on the destination computer (outlook.office365.com:443) has the following errors: The SSL certificate could not be checked for revocation

And its as far as I can get. I have Sophos SG Firewall and I suspect something may be blocked but any tips or pointers would be appreciated ;)
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 707 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: SSL Certificate Error when Adding Organisation (New Install)

Post by Polina »

Hi Dave,

There might be a misconfiguration in the SSL settings (click the Advanced button to check/change them).
Dave19
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Dave19 »

The Add Organisation wizard doesn't have an Advanced Button for the Exchange Online part of the wizard. It does for my local Exchange and local Sharepoint. The error occurs when it gets to the Connect to Powershell (Office 365) part at the end. Doesn't appear to have tried connecting to the local resources yet.

https://ibb.co/68GsWN8
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 707 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Then it could indeed happen because of the firewall (found the similar topic on technet as well).
Robvil
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Robert

Post by Robvil »

I´ll bet it´s you firewall doing ssl/tls inspection. If so, then i would exclude all O365 sites from inspection.