Lalegre
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Leandro Alegre

VBO 3.0 - Really low perfomance

Post by Lalegre »

Hello you all!

The ID of my case is #03735273

I am experiencing really low performance on all the rates.

I already a lot of changes in conjunction with the support. Here is a list of the changes:
  • Change the vCPU and vRAM resources
    Installed a proxy without any other program just dedicate it to VBO 365
    Moved the Threads to 64.
    Disabled the network bandwidth
    Configured the exclusions on my antivirus
Even after doing these changes my rates are really low even worst than before doing the changes.

I am trying a full backup as requested from the support and now is not able to complete, the rates backing up SharePoint are dropping to zero randomly indicated that the bottleneck is the "Source" and sometime the "Target".

Also the last job stopped with errors and warnings two times since i started the backup job.

I don't know what else can it be and also i don't know why the rates go to zero randomly.

Any ideas?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: VBO 3.0 - Really low perfomance

Post by Polina »

Hi Leandro,

Am I correct that you're experiencing these issues only when backing up SharePoint sites?
Is the performance not sufficient for full backups or for incremental runs?
Which specifically errors/warnings did you get?
Lalegre
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Leandro Alegre

Post by Lalegre »

Hello Polina,

Yes, you are correct.

But i also experienced this with OneDrive, maybe is it because of the Microsoft Throttling?

I am not having erros neither warnings. Before doing the test of a new backup full (currently running) needed from the Veeam Support i was able to do a full without errors but the incremental of the SharePoint site never finished.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Leandro,

There can be a variety of reasons for slow SharePoint/OneDrive backups and throttling is probably the most common one (others may include some files blocked on the source side, lists with over 5K files in them, etc.). Please continue working with the support team to identify the root cause based on your logs; and I'll also track the progress of the investigation by your case ID.

Thanks