Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

VBO Monitoring and Alerting

Post by sandsturm »

Hi all

I use Veeam B&R in my environment and currently I'm testing VBO for our Office 365 environment. For the VBR setup, I use Veeam Management Pack for Jobmonitoring and Alerting, but coudn't find that for VBO. What is the way to have a reasonable Monitoring and Alerting solution for VBO? Email is not the way to go in an enterprise environment, so are there other options I could not see currently?

thx
sandsturm
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: VBO Monitoring and Alerting

Post by Polina »

Hi sandsturm,

VBO is not yet integrated with any of Veeam's monitoring solutions. To keep an eye on jobs success/failure/warning state, you can set up email notifications in VBO itself (Main menu -> General options -> Notifications tab).

Thanks!
sandsturm
Veteran

Post by sandsturm »

Thats not really a satisfying answer. I mean we're talking about an enterprise solution when we talk about VBO and email is not really an enterprise like alerting system. Are there any changes planned to optimize this in the future?

thx
sandsturm
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Monitoring and reporting are on our roadmap, but on the early stage. It'd be great to hear from you what metrics and data specifically you would like to track/get. Any ideas and requests on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
sandsturm
Veteran

Post by sandsturm » 1 person likes this post

the monitoring solution should include:
- failed jobs
- specific failures in the job
- VBO service state
- Repository filling degree, if critical
- report on restores (which person has restored what data) (report of the Restore history)

These were just the ones jumping in my mind currently, but not sure if this is all....
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Hi sandsturm,

Good insights to begin with. If you come up with any other scenarios, please don't hesitate to share them as well!