- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 10, 2016 8:17 am
- Full Name: Tom Cheung
I tried Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange recently. I feel these products are awesome especially for its ease installation. But after I used it for a week. I have some questions in my brain and not sure others have the same.
1. According to the installation requirement of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange it needs 64 bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013/2016 if we want to restore the mail in PST format. Most likely many users still use 32 bit version Outlook in common and it may cause the compatibility issue may be. Are there any 32 bit version of Veeam Explorer for MS Exchange in the future ?
2. In case if we want to "reinstall" Veeam Backup for O365 and Veeam Explorer for MS Exchange. just say on the same computer (e.g: workstation or server) or even switch from current to another new computer (new hardware). Then how can we do that ? I checked that the default repository directory is "C:\VeeamRepository". How about Veeam Explorer ??
Are there any procedures or guideline that we can follow in case it is necessary to reinstall on the same or different computer with supported installation requirement (Win2008 R2 SP1 or later)
3. Does it possible to transfer the backup respository to offsite or further backup to additional storage such as Tape, external hard drive or even private cloud then there is additional protection on backup repository if there is hard disk failure on the computer where the software is installed.
Let's discuss and provide some information. Thanks !!!
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 4993
- Liked: 528 times
- Joined: Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm
- Full Name: Mike Resseler
- Location: Belgium
First: Thanks for loving the product .
On your questions:
1. If you use the Veeam explorer for Exchange which most probably will be installed on a server (the same server as O365 backup runs on) you will have a 64-bit installation. So you would need to install a 64-bit Outlook on that server. If you export data to a PST (through that outlook) it will be able to be attached / read / opened by a office 32-bit client without any issues.
2. Uninstall O365 and the Veeam explorer. Then reinstall and you will be able to connect to that repository again. But please note (we love that you test the RC...) that we probably won't support an upgrade path from RC to GA. So please use for testing only at this moment
3. One of the things you can do is install this on a VM and then use Veeam Backup & Replication to backup the entire VM. Then you can backup to disk, rotating hard drives, tape, cloud provider and so on... This is also v1 of the solution and there is no real integration yet with our other solutions, but we certainly will look into this further with newer versions. Please let us know what your preference would be as we investigate all of the requests here very carefully
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest