Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
jdgsoh
Novice
Liked: never

Beta of 2.0 - Availability?

Post by jdgsoh »

Hi!

We've been eagerly awaiting v2.0 for quite a while, so it's exciting to see that it's officially been announced (https://www.veeam.com/blog/second-day-s ... -2018.html), and with OneDrive and SharePoint support. We've tried other solutions and they've all fallen flat. We used the Veeam for 365 trial, but since we need something that does Exchange, plus OD and SP, it wasn't an option for us at the time. But this announcement changes things, and I have high hopes!

Are there plans to open up the beta the way it was opened up prior to 1.0? I know that was before the product was launched, and that you currently have a released v1.5 product... but if there's any way to join the 2.0 beta, I'm anxious to participate.

Thanks!
Jeff
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Beta of 2.0 - Availability?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Jeff,

First: Welcome to the forums!

To participate in the beta, please talk to your system engineer (SE). Our public beta's are always SE driven for various reasons (mainly to be sure that you have a talking point when you encounter issues but there are other reasons also). If you do not know who your SE is, ask your sales representative. He/ She will be able to guide you to the correct person ;-)

Cheers
Mike
MILJW002
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: James Miller

Post by MILJW002 »

And looking at that link it will be free for the minimum 10 users! Understand limited support levels, but that’s grand.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Correct James,

There will be a free edition which exists out of maximum 10 users, no limits and 1 TB of SharePoint data. Support will be on a best effort basis (no SLA)
jdgsoh
Novice

Post by jdgsoh »

Thanks, Mike! I've talked to our sales rep, and it's looking like the betas were fairly limited this time around, and of that team's invites were already handed out... :(

In any case, I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty with it once released (though if any extra beta invites happen to be lying around, I can provide them with a good home!).

Jeff
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Jeff,

PM me please

M/
liquidtoon
Lurker

Post by liquidtoon »

I would also love to get in on the beta. I've tried to find out who our SE is but to no avail unfortunately. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, your Veeam sales person should be able to assist with this as well. Let me ping him right now. Thank you.
liquidtoon
Lurker

Post by liquidtoon »

thank you!