Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
etb
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric Bostrom

Can't add auxiliary accounts to VBO

Post by etb »

Hi,

My initial VBO backup is excruciatingly slow, 1.5MB/s or so, for 400+ objects. We have gige fiber @ 1000/100, VBO is configured for 64 threads and unlimited bandwidth. VBO runs on a 2012R2 VM w/ 8VCPU, 16GB.

I read that VBO 4c auxiliary accounts can speed up the sharepoint side, so I attempted to use this script to create auxiliary backup accounts via admin powershell. The script failed pretty horribly. I think in part because we have MFA enabled. After disabling MFA for admin it still failed. I ended up doing most of the script manually.

After the account creation, password, group and admin accounts were assigned I went to VBO to add the backup accounts to the org. Unfortunately 'Manage Backup Accounts' is greyed out. A different site mentioned that this is due to security defaults being enabled in azure, but this not true for our org.

Can anyone provide some insight on adding these accounts to VBO, or, help me with the overall issue of Image This is the most un-Veeam like experience I've had with a Veeam product, and I've used B&R for nearly a decade. Tia!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Can't add auxiliary accounts to VBO

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey,

If you have MFA enabled, you indeed need to do it differently and the script won't work.

It is explained here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=40

Especially this part: "Make sure to provide an AD application password instead of a user account password when adding MFA-enabled accounts."