Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
breakplease
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jürg Mürner

Community Edition v3 - Failed to add database for Explore SharePoint Backups

Post by breakplease »

Hi mates

Just upgrade Office365 Community Edition for o365 to v3. Now when we try to "Explore latest SharePoint state" the Veeam Explorer for SharePoint opens, but displays only the error "Failed to add Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office365 database."

Every component is up to date.
We already tried to create a complete new task, but same problem occurs.

Does anybody have a tip for that issue?

Thanks
Juerg
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 703 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Community Edition v3 - Failed to add database for Explore SharePoint Backups

Post by Polina »

Hi Juerg and welcome to the Community!

Just to ensure that we're on the same page here:
- You did the upgrade from version 2? (not a v3 Beta version)
- Did you upgrade the repository and the backup job as well?
breakplease
Novice

Re: Community Edition v3 - Failed to add database for Explore SharePoint Backups

Post by breakplease »

Hi Polina

Thank you!
- Yes thats right, from v2 to v3.
- The repository is upgraded

I also tried to delete and recreate a new repository. Same thing with the job. But still same problem: "Failed to add Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office365 database."

Do you have maybe an idea?

Thanks Juerg
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Juerg,

Please create a support ticket. I can't think of an issue that caused this and I am not aware of this kind of issue in our support engine after v3. Please post the case ID here and the outcome with support after investigation of our engineers
Thanks
Mike
breakplease
Novice

Post by breakplease »

Hi Mike

we use community edition. So I think there is no way for a support ticket, right?

Cheers
Juerg
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Juerg,

Yes there is. You can always create a support ticket, even with our community editions. The difference between a paid support contract and the community edition is that we deliver the support on a "best effort" basis so it can take a bit longer before you get contacted. But we will get into contact with you
KrisHaynes
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kris Haynes

Post by KrisHaynes » 1 person likes this post

Hi Juerg,

I was having the exact same issue, everything was working absolutely fine, I followed the upgrade path smoothly through and only when I came to restore did I get the messages you highlighted.

It turns out after a bit of digging, the upgrade doesn't seem to account for the Explorers and so the error you see is related to a mismatch of versions.

If you install the latest version over the top, config will be retained and Explorers will be re-installed/upgraded so that they work.

Hope it helps.

Kris
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Kris,
Welcome to the forums and thanks for helping us with your solution! We appreciate it a lot!
Cheers
Mike