Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mdxyz
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Feature request - Post job scripts and event log entries

Post by mdxyz »

Hi,

We're beginning to implement Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to some of our customers and are looking for ways to integrate the product into our current backup monitoring solution.

Currently only email alerting is available which doesn't scale well, and writing email parsers isn't practical or reliable.

We'd like the ability to run post job scripts as we can with B&R, otherwise having something logged to the Event Log would suffice (preferably with a flag on whether the job will retry if failed - or logging complete failures to a different event id).
benyoung
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Ben Young

Re: Feature request - Post job scripts and event log entries

Post by benyoung »

I have just implemented something similar, i am fetching all of the data i need to monitor as well as push data to clients via our web portal/mobile apps via the API. If you haven't already check it out - depending on what you need to do there may only be a few calls required.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=30

Some of the calls can be slow-ish but that is mainly around usedRepository endpoints (which you can use to monitor tenant usage)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request - Post job scripts and event log entries

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi mdxyz,

Ben Young is correct. There is also a nice example here: veeam-backup-for-microsoft-office-365-f ... 55882.html