Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
martin_nz
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin

Getting lists of users that are backed up but do not list users that are excluded from job

Post by martin_nz »

Hello
I am trying to develop a powershell command that will list of all users that are backed up in a Veeam O365 backup job - however i dont want the report to include any of the excluded users.

I am using the following command

Get-VBOOrganizationUser -organization $org -type user -notinjob

However, it is listing all of my user accounts but not the excluded users.

What am i missing here?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Getting lists of users that are backed up but do not list users that are excluded from job

Post by Mike Resseler »

@martin_nz

I'm not sure I follow. Do you want to get a list of the users that is NOT in a job, but exclude the ones that are specifically mentioned in an exclusion? Or do you want to report the users that are in a job, for a specific job?
martin_nz
Enthusiast

Re: Getting lists of users that are backed up but do not list users that are excluded from job

Post by martin_nz »

Sorry - I would like to get a list of users that are in a job for a specific job but excluding shared mailboxes
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey,

You should be able to work like this:

$job = Get-VBOJob -Name "JobName"

Get-VBOBackupItem -Job $job -users

That will give you all the users in the job. But I think that the shared mailboxes will be included here.

The process that you are doing should be able to give you all the users (and type users) that are NOT in any of the jobs that you are running. However, are you running 4c with full MFA enabled?
martin_nz
Enthusiast

Post by martin_nz »

Yeah I am running 4c with MFA enabled
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

4c with MFA (default security mode) does not allow us to query what type of user it is I'm afraid. That is something still missing in the graph API (or is a bug in the graph API, not sure anymore... @Polina ?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 707 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Graph APIs don't return user type property and it's by design. We get the list of users without knowing if it's a regular user or a shared mailbox.