Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
yusaku
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Yusaku Furuhashi

Job consideration for Teams

Post by yusaku »

In the URL below, 50 Sharepoint sites are recommended for a single VBO job. Why 50?
https://bp.veeam.com/vbo/guide/operate/jobconfig.html

Because our client will have 17,000 teams that means we need to create 340 jobs if the number 50 is the maximum number of the Sharepoint sites for a single job. That is really inconvenient for my client.
Since the below white paper says max object per VBO proxy is 20,000, I think I can have more Sharepoint sites rather than 50.
https://www.veeam.com/wp-guide-veeam-ba ... 65-v5.html

And, the above white paper also allows up to 2500 Teams per VBO proxy. Does it mean we need to have 7 proxy servers for 17,000 teams?

Since the required proxy server's resource is 8 core and 32GB RAM, If I have 16 core 64GB RAM proxy server, the limitation increases twice of the described limitation?

As far as I understand, the object number for VBO is equivalent to the total number of Mailboxes, Archives, OneDrive, Sites, Teams. Is that correct?

Is there a recommended way to add the new Teams that are created by my client day by day?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Job consideration for Teams

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Yusaku,

The object number is indeed the total number of mailboxes/ archives/ onedrive/ sites. Note that a team actually exist out of a sharepoint site/ mailbox/ ... so you should count multiple objects for it. However, if you have a VBO server, and a proxy, and that proxy has no other jobs, you can indeed configure about 20000 objects per proxy (it is not a hard limit...) So my advise to you would be to start a job with about 5000 teams and gradually built it up.
yusaku
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Yusaku Furuhashi

Post by yusaku »

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your answer! So your answer means I don't need to split my jobs for each 50 teams, correct? And, how about the below questions?

1.Since the required proxy server's resource is 8 core and 32GB RAM, If I have 16 core 64GB RAM proxy server, the limitation increases twice of the described limitation?

2.Is there a recommended way to add the new Teams that are created by my client day by day?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi @yusaku

Correct, not necessary to create 1 job per 50 teams

1. No, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The limitation we describe is what we currently tested and are sure what will work well. As said, it is not a hard limit so maybe you discover 40k objects works also, but we have never stress tested that amount on a single server

2. Add the new objects to a job by using powershell. You can find enough examples here on the forums or here: https://github.com/nielsengelen/veeam-p ... ter/VBO365