Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
tbr
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Bresson

Job details & legacy protocols

Post by tbr »

Hi.
I'm trying out the Community edition and I'm trying to backup a Sharepoint site.

Upon trying to restore the site I get some errors.
"SiteName": 5.747 characters of information mostly about permissions and user issues (seems to be adding users who's in the original group but isn't a user in our system anymore).
"Website assets": Then some information saying "OneNote restore is not supported in the modern authentication mode with the disabled legacy protocols."
"Documents": 1.072 characters of information about permission- and role issues.

All in all a lot of details.

If I go to History -> Restore in the interface I simply get: 1 item processed (1 warning).
The Action Pane has only got 1 line: Item SiteName was restored with warning: Site restore completed. 38 warnings (type: Site; source: SiteName/sites/Site; target: https://our-sharepoint-url) :: 0:45:23

Questions:
1) Where can I read all the details I got from the restore?
E.g. the information about OneNote not being restored is not even mentioned in the - let's call it - "quick summary".

2) What does "modern authentication mode with disabled legacy protocols" mean and do you have any newer documentation on AppPasswords?
I used modern authentication simply because I can't find anything about AppPasswords anymore after Microsoft changed it and didn't update their documentation.

I remember something about authentication when adding and Organization and if I look at the org. I can see I've selected "Modern authentication" and "Allow for using legacy authentication protocols".

Thank you.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Job details & legacy protocols

Post by Mike Resseler »

@tbr

Can you first look at the version number you are using? Especially with this KB: https://www.veeam.com/kb4124

I think it will resolve some of your issues. After that, we can look further
tbr
Novice

Post by tbr »

I can see that your link shows there's a patch for the latest available download.
I'm installing now and will test after.

Thank you.
tbr
Novice

Post by tbr »

I've installed the patch and tried to restore the same site again and the same thing happens.

Lots of details where one of them is still "OneNote restore is not supported in the modern authentication mode with the disabled legacy protocols."
And the history -> restore view only has a one liner: Restored successfully.