Robvil
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Robert

Mailbox backup also backup team sites

Post by Robvil »

Hi,

Case number 03159609

Running a mailbox backup (only mail/archive selected) by hole organisation also tries to backup Team Sites. This result is errors on the team sites "accounts":

Processing mailbox XXX failed with error: Failed to access mailbox.. The specified object was not found in the store., Can't connect to the mailbox of user Mailbox database guid: dc541720-a075-4042-bb21-a90b05f094cd because the ExchangePrincipal object contains outdated information. The mailbox may have been moved recently.

A powershell gives the same error on Get-mailbox which i believe is correct, at team sites is not real mailboxes. Looking at the users list during job creation under include and exclude do not show these Team site "accounts", but Veeam still tries to backup those "accounts". Looks like a Veeam bug?

/Robert
Robvil
Expert

Re: Mailbox backup also backup team sites

Post by Robvil »

and if we mark all users instead of a organisation, external Azure AD accounts is also listed which i believe they should not be, as these users do not have a exchange mailbox.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Robert, I would suggest contacting support to see if this is a bug and if there is a solution to this.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Robvil
Expert

Post by Robvil »

already a case open. Surprised my how many issues there is with version 2.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Robert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. At the first glance, backing up team site mailboxes along with regular mailboxes is something that I would consider as expected. However, let me please have a closer look into your case investigation details...
Robvil
Expert

Post by Robvil »

there is something very wrong how Veeam select accounts - either when choosing a org or individual users. Check my case number.
klimbo13
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: nazim zmirli

Post by klimbo13 »

Hi All, I've searched and not had much luck with specifically what I'm looking for. With regard to Teams file and tab conversations... How is the file and tab-specific conversation data backed up? Is it available to be restored if deleted? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Welcome to Veeam Forums, Nazim!

In the current version, it's not possible to back up and restore Teams tabs and channels. You can check the What's New page for more details.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Nazim,

Polina is right. The tabs and file specific meta-data is not being protected (we can't, there are no API's from MSFT that deliver us that information). However, the chats or conversation data are being protected and stored in:
1. The mailbox of the team group (for all general conversations)
2. The mailbox of the user(s) (when it is a private chat inside that team)

By using our Veeam explorer, you will be able to find these under conversation history, which contains another folder teams conversation history.