Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
ericstar
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric S

Modern Authentication for Azure AD Germany

Post by ericstar »

Hi Support,

We checked from the latest VBO v4 that "Modern Authentication" has been enabled to utilize "Azure AD App Authentication" protocol, such that for O365 organization that are created in Germany region, via connection string setting page, I can actually select "Modern Authentication" for Germany region.

However as per our own testing, we found that in Azure AD setting for App Registration page, the App Registration experience is no longer supported for O365 account that belongs to Azure AD Germany (Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DhJU8b ... sp=sharing). If that's the case, does it mean that only certain O365 account that fall under Azure AD Germany (or specific sub-regions of Germany) would be able to authenticate O365 backup service via the "Modern Authentication" mode?

Thanks and hope someone can help clarify this issue.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Modern Authentication for Azure AD Germany

Post by Polina »

Hi Eric,

New registrations in Azure AD Germany should be still supported under the 'App registrations (Legacy)' node. However, the easiest way for you would be using VBO automated app registration within the Modern app-only auth mode. This will eliminate the overhead of manual app creation and configuring permissions.

Thanks!
ericstar
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric S

Re: Modern Authentication for Azure AD Germany

Post by ericstar »

Thanks Polina, however as I tried to search through the Azure Portal, I didn't seem to be able to land on to any pages called "App Registrations (Legacy)" nor "App Registrations Legacy"; I googled a Microsoft article (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/o ... osoft-com/) from there it has indicated that after March 1, 2020, users will no longer be able to register and manage applications in the App registrations (Legacy) experience. Would there be any pieces of information that I might have missed? Thanks for your help.