Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
yeti
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: RaT

Not all files are backed up

Post by yeti »

Hello,
I need backup files in OnedDrive for Business and therefore I testing Veeam Backup for Office 365.
Installation and basic setup is fine, but some files did not backup. I can not see any error anywhere. Is there a list of excluded suffixes? Or some constraint? How do I find the number of files in Onedrive and the number of files that really backed up?
My version of Backup for Office 365 is 2.0.0.814, community license.

Thank you for advice

RT
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Not all files are backed up

Post by Polina »

Hi RaT,

Check your retention settings and the last modification date of the missing files. If the modification date is older than the specified retention period, the item is out of the backup scope.
See more in the documentation.

Thanks!
yeti
Novice

Post by yeti »

Hello,
thank you, its work.
I did not understand the backup retention period. Veeam did not take for backup files, that was created earlier than the retention perios. It is really OK?

I want to backup the entire contents of OneDrive regardless of when the individual files were created.
Keep files that have not been changed for the time set in the retention period.
Well, I already know how it works.

Thank you

RaT
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

To back up the entire contents with v2, you need to set the retention so that it's up to the modification date of the oldest item you have.

Your concerns make sense though, and I suggest you keep an eye on our forums not to miss the v3 beta announcement (which comes very soon). The new version will introduce an alternative retention type, which more a "traditional Veeam style".

Thanks!
yeti
Novice

Post by yeti »

Thank you for your answer. The problem with setting of the retention policy correctly is that if I have a lot of files, I have no chance of finding out when the oldest file was modified. I just want to backup everything. Then I have to set the retention policy for a very long time or forever.
But I know how it works, I can live with it. I look forward to the new version.

Best regards
RaT