Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
qantco
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Qantco

Notifications VEEAM Backup for Office 365

Post by qantco »

Hello,

We use VEEAM Backup for Office 365 for various customers and receive notifications about the success of the backup.
I have the problem that the mail notification works on one computer and aborts on another with the error message "Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during...", even though the settings are completely identical in both VEEAM and Office 365. I authenticate with an existing user and use SSL over port 587.

This problem is incredibly annoying and I don't know what it is and how I can fix it.

I am happy to receive feedback.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Thomas Müller
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Notifications VEEAM Backup for Office 365

Post by ejenner »

Our notifications from o365 backup don't work at all. The software is loaded on a machine which also does regular B&R and the notifications from the regular application work fine. i.e. same user, same machine, same security with mail server, ect, ect... but the o365 notifications don't arrive. It hasn't bothered me enough to want to fix it. So just a comment for solidarity reasons... you're not alone.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

Had another look,this post reminded me of the problem. I was sending via the wrong port. We don't use SSL internally so I should have been on 25 but it was set to 587.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

@qantco
Please create a support call for this. This does not look normal.
Post the support case ID here (for our follow-up) and the outcome after the investigation of the engineers

Thanks
Mike
qantco
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Qantco

Post by qantco »

Hello,

after long research i found a solution that actually works in all installed VEEAM Backup for Office 365 and that can be used in all printers and scanners without any problems.

This video explains the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJc5zhqVnUE

Best regards

Thomas Müller