Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
VNR-LF
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Lars Freiberger

Teams vs SharePoint backup - "... already being processed by another job" - best practice?

Post by VNR-LF »

Hello everyone,

I have set up separate backup jobs for Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint and, after recently upgrading to v5 (build 5.0.1.179), Teams. The jobs for SharePoint and Teams use the same repository (since largely data from the same sources is being backed up for Teams and I did not want to pull all Teams stuff to a new destination again when i already had it in the SharePoint repository) and may run concurrently. If they do, I receive warnings in one of the jobs: "Processing site XXX finished with warning: Site https://YYY.sharepoint.com/sites/XXX is already being processed by another job".

As far as I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, this is not really a problem since data is backed up by either the SharePoint or the Teams job and should be accessible for restore to both SharePoint and Teams explorer.

I'm looking for a best practice here: should i just configure one job to backup Teams and SharePoint, or would it make more sense to exclude everything that's related to Teams from the SharePoint job. Opinions?

Thanks in advance,
Lars
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Teams vs SharePoint backup - "... already being processed by another job" - best practice?

Post by Polina »

Hi Lars,

There will be a difference in restore and its options. When exploring a SharePoint job with VESP, you'll see all lists, folders, files, etc. in a team site. When exploring a Teams job in VET, browsing will be limited to files and folders shared/visible in a team.

For example, if there's a team and you don't access its site outside Teams (i.e. directly from SharePoint), then you can exclude its team site from your main SharePoint job. And when it comes to team restore, VBO will recreate a team site and restore there all files/folders shared in this team.

My recommendation would be to either exclude team sites from the main SharePoint job, or reschedule SharePoint and Teams jobs so that don't overlap.

Thanks!
VNR-LF
Enthusiast

Re: Teams vs SharePoint backup - "... already being processed by another job" - best practice?

Post by VNR-LF » 1 person likes this post

Hi Polina,

I must admit i had not considered not letting the jobs overlap... I'll give this approach a try. Thanks for the quick response!

kind regards,
Lars
VNR-LF
Enthusiast

Post by VNR-LF »

fyi: first try has been succeful.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Awesome!
Glad it works for you now.