Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Transportability and reusability of VBO365 Repository data

Post by Peejay62 »

Hi,

Consider this use case. I have a VBO365 environment with some repositories. One of those repositories I periodically copy to an external location, just straightforward 1:1 copy. (can be a Veeam backup also). In A rare case I need to be able to read the content of that given repository. Can I then in a very simple way read(restore) content out of that repository? I am not aware of some kind of offline explorer functionality like in Veeam B&R and can imagine there is more to it because of the jetdb format. Would be simply installing a VBO365 and connecting/importing the repository do the job (without adding organization and stuff)? That copied repository will be situated on a location with no connection to MS365 available. Any thoughts on this?

thanks, Peter
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 703 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Transportability and reusability of VBO365 Repository data

Post by Polina »

Veeam Explorers work for both VBR and VBO and you can always use them to view your backups.
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

Wait. to have clear. So I have somewhere a disk containing a repository. I start the explorer and can browse the repos and do my restores without having a VBO365 running? Just the same as VBR? If so then I have no problem at all. thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 703 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Check out this page for Explorer for Exchange: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=40
And there's the same for SharePoint and OneDrive.
Just make sure you have the right version of Veeam Explorer installed )