Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
slanetw
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Lane

VBO for users in different Geographies

Post by slanetw »

Hi,

We have just purchased 1000 licences of VBO and are planning the deployment of this to roll out to the firm.

We have a small subset of users (approx 20) based in Hong Kong on our Office 365 tenancy, but as far as I am aware their 365 is from Azure East Asia.

Would we be best to spin up a version of VBO in Azure EA and then install the licences on there for them to use as well as on a VM in either our Data Centre or our Azure West Europe, and then install the licence for the remaining users?

I guess the basic question is can we have 2 VBO servers using the same licence pool (a bit like the VUL for B&R) or does it all have to be the same server?

All the accounts are under the same 365 domain and tenancy.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: VBO for users in different Geographies

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Steve,

You can if you want to. But I don't think it will be necessary. What I suggest is that you install the VBO controller at the location you prefer, and install 1 proxy over in East Asia. Create a specific job for those 20 and point that job to that proxy. You can then even let the data be in that location also if you create a repository specifically over there, to the proxy

Makes sense?