Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aevenot
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: aevenot

1-Click Restore

Post by aevenot »

I'm currently evaluating the new version of veeam backup.

The first return is that this version is really amazing but I actually encounter a problem by testing the 1-click restore functionality.

Whatever I do, I have the error "Failed to sort restored items by backup server" in the Restore Job

Regards
Aurelien
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: 1-Click Restore

Post by foggy »

Aurelien, most likely you have not added your backup server to Enterprise Manager or there is a connectivity problem. Thanks.
aevenot
Enthusiast

Post by aevenot »

Both role (ent manager an veeam b&r) are on the same server and I have already added my backup server to ent manager, start collecting....

another idea ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Incidentally, I heard about this issue earlier this week from a developer who asked me for proper error description for this issue (for him to include in the next product build). Most likely, the information from backup server did not get synced to the global catalog on the Enterprise Manager server yet. Wait for some time, or force sync with the backup server on the Backup Servers tab of the Enterprise Manager configuration.

What it really means is that the Enterprise Manager cannot find backup server that is supposed to have access to the required backup.

If you need assistance deploying and making this work properly, feel free to open support case, and they will guide you through the process. You are eligible for technical support on your official evaluation period.

Thanks.
aevenot
Enthusiast

Post by aevenot »

My problem is resolved. It was due to a network communication (dns resolution) between the proxy and the vm in which I wanted to restore my file.

Thanks for your time.
Aurelien