Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SFAllowed
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert McClafferty

10.0.0.1.4854 Upgrade

Post by SFAllowed »

Downloaded the 10.0.1.4854_20220304 patch, would like to get it installed, there are essentially no notes, just implies run the .exe. Is that really as simple as it is? Concern being on ReFS? Rotating externals?

Single proxy, one VM in DMZ (that has multiple failures a day, but we get 90% so eh for the moment), do I just need to suspend all jobs, run it and enable/verify? Win 2016.
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: 10.0.0.1.4854 Upgrade

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
Welcome to the forums. Applying a patch is always similar:
- Make sure you have a Config Backup, and wherever possible perhaps a VM snapshot of the Veeam server
- Disable all jobs, and wait if any is running
- Close the console
- Run the .exe and follow instructions. Usually the installers handle the stopping, and enabling of the services, so do not worry about it.

ReFS, or Windowa Dedupe, or similar are not affected, so please do not worry about it.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
SFAllowed
Novice

Post by SFAllowed »

Alright, pretty standard then, I have all of those items. I will let you know how it goes, thank you for the response.
SFAllowed
Novice

Post by SFAllowed »

Worked out great, I actually thought I had fixed an issue with an hourly backup but alas, it did not. Very strange, get random errors throughout the day, it's about 90% successful, one to two failures for port 1722 RPC cannot access admin share or blah. After the patch it was successful for like 36 hours, had hope! Coming back again though.