FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

10a upgrade failure

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

case #04376134.

Our upgrade keeps 10a keeps failing. During the first try I got an error 'the account already exists'. This seemed to be coming from the Exchange Explorers setup. Manually installing this explorer from the 'explorers' folders fixed this error. However, as suggested by support I had to do a repair setup, but during the second run of setup I got the error that some of the components were obsolete and I must uninstall them manually before trying setup again.

The problem with this error was that it didn't mention which components these were. Support told me to manually install the MSIs from the 'explorers' folder and the Windows and Linux Agent distributables from the packages folder. Some of the explorers ran their setup fine and others asked me to repair, so these were already up-to-date. However, none of these explorers appear as installed in the programs and features control panel applet. This was 'by design' support told me... Why is this? Why do you hide the installed applications from the control panel?

Nevertheless, after manually installing the explorers and windows and linux agent redistributables I was able to do a repair install again. Unfortunately it failed again at the end.

The only thing I can find in the logs is this error:
[debug logs removed by moderator per forum rules]

Although all files in the program files folder seem to be the new versions (from july 21st) and backups are running fine, the version number in control panel is still 10.0.1.4789, it should be 10.0.1.4854.

Any idea how to fix this?

Franc.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: 10a upgrade failure

Post by PetrM »

Hi Franc,

I think you should ask to escalate the support request because technical issues related to install or upgrade failures are usually sophisticated for analysis.

Thanks!
FrancWest
Veteran

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

Will do, but how about the explorers not appearing in add/remove programs? Why is that by design? Shouldn’t every installed application appear in there?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

They are an integral part of the "Veeam Backup & Replication Console" component, which does appear in Add/Remove Programs.
Refruit
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Post by Refruit »

Hi,

i just wanted to mention that we had the same issue (Case #04405027).
It seems that this problem only occurs when you have Office 365 Explorers installed on the VBR. At least for us, because our other VBR without those Explorers got updated without problems
The solution that fixed the issue was the same, reinstalling explorers and outdated services manually.
FrancWest
Veteran

Post by FrancWest »

Thanks for the update. And is the buildnumber for backup and replication shown in ‘add/remove programs’ also not 4854, but 4789? All other components show 4854.
Refruit
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Post by Refruit »

Yeah, but everything is working fine.
InfernalX64
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Justin

Post by InfernalX64 »

I just did the upgrade today and ran into the exact same issue. Have you gotten any further with support?
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Justin,

can you please share your support case ID?
I see previous cases were solved with Support and the solution required Veeam Explorers re-installation and a repair.

Thanks!
FrancWest
Veteran

Post by FrancWest » 1 person likes this post

Correct, manually installing the explorers solved the issue for us. You must execute the explorers msi files from the iso image. After that you can rerun the setup of B & R and it then completes successfully. Still wondering what causes this issue and why it wasn’t captured during testing. I ran into this issue in 2 completely different environments.