Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JDF
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Field

9.5 console slow to load and respond

Post by JDF »

Hey All.
put a new stand alone B&R 9.5 u3 instance in for a customer who is running a stand alone console from another machine but is proving troublesome with it being very slow to load , slow to navigate and is prone to hanging. The B&R server is running no problems, all backups are very swift so its just the mgmt side. The 2 hosts are not on the same subnet and a Firewall sits between them but nothing on the network side would indicate any latency. Is there any way to make this more sturdy ? bit of a long shot but...
thanks in advance
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: 9.5 console slow to load and respond

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jason,

I would recommend contacting our support team, so that they could verify what queries take most of the time and if possible provide you with a fix/workaround.

Thank you!
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Post by bdufour »

have you tried to open up the resource monitor on the server to see what veeam process or process in general is causing the issue?
JDF
Service Provider

Post by JDF »

I havent no, will check that out. The console on the server itself runs fine though, but worth checking resource mo as you say
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Post by bdufour »

i see, youre running the console from a different machine - so id check there as well.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Can you try upgrading to Update 3a? It does have a lot of performance fixes in the console - and while they are centered around scalability in large backup infrastructures, perhaps they may improve the situation in smaller environments as well in some cases - for example, if bandwidth is the problem and something now gets queried from the backup server more rarely. Worth a try!
JDF
Service Provider

Post by JDF »

Hi Gostev, sorry bit lax of me we did install update 3a from the start so already running that.