Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cstroupe
Lurker
Liked: never

Active Directory Explorer (Expired)

Post by cstroupe »

Hello everyone! I downloaded and installed the Beta and I get a message that it's expired when I try to run it. Is there a newer release or something? Thanks for any information.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Active Directory Explorer (Expired)

Post by Gostev »

Yes, there is a newer version available. However, it is only available as a part of v8 beta, which is not public. The full product betas are private, by invitation only. You can contact your Veeam sales representative to see if you region still has some open spaces for beta. Thanks!
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

So does this mean either having a full v8 beta running (including AD expl) or just (maybe) getting the latest AD expl or even wait for V8 to become GA ? I just started testing with the AD explorer but now it's expired..

thanks, Peter
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Peter. That is correct. We are simply no longer interested in people testing or providing afeedback on the original beta code, as that code is way too old by now. The next iteration of AD Explorer code is available as a part of full B&R v8 beta. You can see if you can still get on beta, as I explained above.

Funny you should ask this today, pretty great coincidence... because just a few hours ago, one of the beta testers used the v8 beta code to restore 1435 computers objects from v7 backup due to true production disaster. Working as intended, he was so happy!

Thanks again for your interest!
emachabert
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 168 times
Full Name: Eric Machabert

Post by emachabert » 2 people like this post

I was doing a demo to a huge client on thursday (big presentation in front of many people...).... and when I launched the Veeam Explorer for AD...it said "Expired".....just imagine my face...

After few minutes (being on a call with Pierre François), I reverted the server clock back to June and it worked... :-) Magic was done and people were impressed
Veeamizing your IT since 2009/ Veeam Vanguard 2015 - 2023
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Haha! Smart thinking! That's how you deal with those pesky time bombs!
homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Post by homerjnick »

Gostev wrote:Funny you should ask this today, pretty great coincidence... because just a few hours ago, one of the beta testers used the v8 beta code to restore 1435 computers objects from v7 backup due to true production disaster. Working as intended, he was so happy!
I hope you also suggested a review in procedures, getting 1435 Computer accounts deleted in AD in the first instance raises a few questions! :shock:
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

From my previous Windows Management life in Aelita Software (acquired Quest Software, which was in turn acquired by DELL), I know this happens too often actually! People like to mis-click those shortcut menu items and don't like to read message boxes... and some get obsessed with AD automation while doing QC on their LDAP scripts in production only ;)