Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
papajon0s1
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jonathan Schulteis

Agentless backup

Post by papajon0s1 »

Hello,

I am new to Veeam and failing trying to get a "File Copy" backup to work with the community edition. So, first question, is the agent required for that? I'm just trying to avoid installing any more apps on the server in question and was hoping to do this agent-less. I have tried other apps that work without an agent, but I was hoping Veeam would work as then it may be a good candidate for our VMs etc... Any thoughts on how to set that up? I tried mapped, UNC, and by volume or share or other, but I get the error "Unable to process <servername>: host reboot is required". Or I get "Nothing to process". Or both. I am thinking this is because I have not installed the agent. Apparently you can do some things without the agent, but I haven't found anything to tell me how to set that up. Or... I am missing something obvious, (which happens far too often for my liking... :) ) Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Agentless backup

Post by foggy »

Hi Jonathan, my guess is that you're mixing up File Copy job in Veeam B&R (which is just a file copying capability, not a scheduled backup) with file-level backup available in Veeam Agent for Windows. Could this be the case?
papajon0s1
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jonathan Schulteis

Re: Agentless backup

Post by papajon0s1 » 1 person likes this post

Ah, aye. That makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification, I just wasn't getting that from the documentation I found.