[GIVEAWAY] All-inclusive VeeamON 2017 experience

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: [GIVEAWAY] All-inclusive VeeamON 2017 experience

Veeam Logoby leo.white » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 pm

My boss was Leary about relying on just Veeam as a backup solution. He typically did flat file copies of all critical data. About 6 months after we got Veeam i lost a RAID Card in a server. Luckily it was on the weekend. It became clear that we would not have the Array back up by Monday. The Array held our main SQL server. Everyone was freaking out. With Veeam I was able to restore the VM to another host and essentially just loose about 15 min worth of running time. Quickly and easily. Really sold my boss on the power of Veeam.
leo.white
Influencer

Liked: 1 time

Veeam Logoby Baptiste » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:09 am 1 person likes this post

Everytime i do a Presales on VEEAM :

I am not selling you Veeam because it's the best on the market, but because it really works and fixed many of our backup issues in our datacenter !
Baptiste
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times

Veeam Logoby RubinCompServ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:57 pm 1 person likes this post

We were using (against my better judgement) a different backup service to provide our Backup-as-a-Service offering. There were multiple issues with the vendor's support, the site being down, data actually not getting backed up (despite the job claiming success); in short, it was a fuster-cluck. However, as soon as 9.5u1 released provided the direct connection for vCloud customers to have their own portal directly to Veeam to manager their backups, I had a presentation built and management convinced. Three weeks later, we migrated our first vCloud customer away from "Fuster-Cluck Backup Cloud" and over to Veeam (where I wanted them from the beginning). Since then, these customers have all built out their own backup jobs and are performing their own restores. The coup-de-grace was when I demonstrated to one of our "problem" customers how to restore a VM directly to his cloud environment in 5 clicks, and then he was sold!
RubinCompServ
Influencer

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: David Rubin

Veeam Logoby VMCommando » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Being a managed service provider means you encounter a lot of different challenges as you may have environments with sometimes widely varying setups. Veeam is the one product that we are able to consistently push our customers to use. The one scenario I keep coming back to which resonates with customers is ransomware -- what do you do when you have a several terabyte fileshare that is now completely unusable? Do you send everyone home for the day while it restores or do you use instant recovery to have it up and running within 15 minutes? The choice is simple.
VMCommando
Service Provider

Full Name: Mirek Bodnar

Veeam Logoby Delo123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:45 am

Just want to say thanks for letting us have a good night's sleep since Veeam. Even wife and kids noticed Daddy was much relaxter. Nothing more important as keeping the family happy :)
That's some 7 years ago now... So thank you Veeam, rock on!
Delo123
Expert

Liked: 92 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Veeam Logoby cristiano.cruz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm

I came into the company as a trainee and always looked at the backup analyst controlling the Veeam, I always found it interesting and did not imagine that I would fall in love with the tool. I became an employee and started running Veeam that only backed up our production storage with a monthly copy for LTO5 tapes. Still, we needed another 10 hours to perform our daily incremental backup, which had several errors almost every day. Today, Veeam backs up our entire environment to an EMC Data Domain and backs up another EMC Data Domain that sits on a site dedicated to disaster recovery and replicates our entire production environment. There is hardly any failure to execute the backup and it finishes in a maximum of 3 hours. In short, as an analyst I am very satisfied and I have come to live this world of Veeam solutions more. I really came to love this software.
cristiano.cruz
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Cristiano Cruz

Veeam Logoby jdubyak » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm

My former job working for an MSP / re-seller brought me much confidence to convince my new employer (government) to ditch their NetBackup solution and move forward with Veeam. Full system/image backups, tape drive integration, and off-site replication, we've really taken a huge step forward in the past 12-months. The few times we've had to restore ANYTHING have been worry-free, and we owe much gratitude to the fact that Veeam simply works, and it simply works well. THANK YOU!
jdubyak
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Jordan

Veeam Logoby CarlMcDade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Ive been working with Veeam since 2011, and still to this day one customers stands out (they wont mind me sharing this)

We had a new engagement with a customer that needed a better backup strategy for their production VMware infrastructure. Veeam was position after a quick product demonstration, and a couple of weeks later we were back to install the product. Two days after installation, the customer rang me extremely distressed. He had an exchange consultant onsite and he had somehow managed to delete the public folder database (this customer extensively used public folders for most business functions before migrating to sharepoint 2013). He had kicked said consultant offsite due to the what happened, but he needed to get his exchange public folder store back sharpish. Within a couple of minutes, we recovered the public folder DB back into the exchange system running from the backup target. Overnight we migrated the VMDK back to the production storage.

The moral of this was within two days Veeam's worth became obvious within 48hours. Fast forward 5 years, the customer now uses the full availability suite and offsite backup via CC to a CSP

Cheers
http://www.carlmcdade.com
CarlMcDade
Service Provider

Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Carl McDade

Veeam Logoby CarlMcDade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

VAW backup direct to Veeam Cloud Connect! WOW!

https://carlmcdade.com/2017/03/29/veeam ... rkstation/
http://www.carlmcdade.com
CarlMcDade
Service Provider

Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Carl McDade

Veeam Logoby Kas_Tigar » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:44 pm

We used IBM TSM before and switched to Veeam over.
It is like to get divorce with old, ugly and belligerent women and to marry a young, pretty and obedient girl.
;-)
Kas_Tigar
Influencer

Liked: 2 times

Veeam Logoby will.daw » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 pm 2 people like this post

From Backing up data to disk
Veeam can easily do all this

Need long-term retention for an alternate escape
Backup Copy it all to tape

Upgrades have you banging your head
Veeam On-Demand Sandbox will knock 'em dead

Need to recover a email, a user, or a specific table
Veeam Explorer is no fable

Worried in the storm of your primary site
Replication will allow you to sleep at night

Managing physical hardware may be a problem
Cloud Connect is able to resolve 'em

Dependable, Reliable, and Always Available
These are qualities that make Veeam capable

Veeam "It Just Works!"
will.daw
Influencer

Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Will Daw

Veeam Logoby BBush » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello, I'm the new guy.

We have only been using Veeam Backup & Recovery for a few months. When I was interviewing for this job they were excited about me taking over backups. It is my first time to be a Backup Administrator. Veeam makes this part of my job so very easy.

I can certainly testify to anyone who is considering a backup solution to use Veeam. For starters the Customer Service has been excellent. Every time I call Veeam Technical Support is thorough, helpful, and patient. That last quality is important with a newbie like me. The quality of technical support should be important to everyone.

Secondly, it works. It really works well. Veeam Backup & Recovery is easy to set up, maintain, and use in general. Yesterday we had our first recovery using Veeam. I was out of the office so a colleague jumped on and figured it out on his own. He was very impressed at the ease and speed at which he was able to recover a number of specific files from Veeam's backups.

Finally, I like how I'm notified that the backups completed successfully or not. It lets me know if I'm getting low on storage. It lets me know if there are issues. Mostly, it lets me know that the backups ran successfully.

Thanks, Veeam, for a great product and great service.
BBush
Novice

Full Name: Berkeley

Veeam Logoby oliverL » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 am

So far i've never used Veeam as someone else had his hands on that while i needed to work with a backup solution from a company which also sells anti-virus solutions.

For some months now i have been working with veeam in different projects and have to say that it is a really good product and handles stuff way better than the other mentioned product ;) I'm really looking forward to work further with Veeam.

Also something which comes in my mind is the support which does a fantastic job!
oliverL
Influencer

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Oliver

Veeam Logoby christiankelly » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:17 am

Veeam == Best product, created by some of the smartest people I know. (Note I didn't say backup product)
christiankelly
Service Provider

Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Christian Kelly

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi all,

Today is the deadline for me to provide the winner, and we have the clear one based on the number of likes! So, congratulations to Geoff Burke aka ober72 for winning the Grand prize - all-inclusive VeeamON experience!!

Thanks for so many great submissions - lots of great stories and some cool catchy phrases there ;) in fact, I decided to try and get free conference passes for a few more best posts on this thread - if I manage to get these approved, you will hear from me here on Monday!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2304 times
Full Name: Anton Gostev

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication