Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jkeiser
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: justin keiser

Re: Appication Item Restore Wizards

Post by jkeiser »

i am running exchange 2010 standard on windows server 2008 r2 - and get the 400 bad request error when connecting to the exchange
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Justin, Exchange 2010 is not supported yet, it will be supported in the upcoming release.
isiman
Novice

Post by isiman »

Hi Vital(i)y, when will this final release of the Exchange AIR be available? Could you concretise this a little bit more?
Are there any known (critical) issues with the backup of Exchange 2010 with Veeam 5.0.1, because we want to go productive with the new Exchange in very near future.

Thanks isiman
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

BETA3 with full Exchange 2010 should be available in about 2 weeks. There are no issues backing up Exchange 2010, in fact we are running it in house for a few months now and backing up daily with Veeam Backup. Thanks.
isiman
Novice

Post by isiman »

That's sounding good, but my colleagues, which have designed two mailbox servers with DAG, have reported to me, that the continous replication connection doesn't like beeing backuped with Veeam 5. VMotion has already been disabled for this both servers, but it has been tested with standard version, because I'm waiting to be allowed upgrading to enterprise and our consultant said for backup there's no difference between both versions.

Bye isiman
kzhang
Influencer
Full Name: ke zhang

Post by kzhang »

Is the current Beta tested agains 2003 SBS ??

thanks.
kzhang
Influencer
Full Name: ke zhang

Post by kzhang »

yes? no?
Was anyone able to get this to work with Exchange SBS 2003?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We do not test on SBS 2003 specifically, but based on the feedback from our QC team, the upcoming version should have no issues with SBS VMs. However, I will let ask our team to take a look at SBS VMs as well. Thank you.
aheng
Lurker
Full Name: Alex Heng

Post by aheng »

Just wondering if the support for Exchange 2010 is out? Looking to try my hands on them ...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Exchange 2010 support will be introduced with the upcoming release.

Small Update:
As regards SBS 2003, SBS 2008 and SBS 2011 support, then I can confirm that our QC team is running Exchange wizard against those servers and we see no issues so far.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Microsoft Exchange AIR Wizard Beta3 (build 5.0.2.227) with Exchange 2010 support is now available for download. Thank you all for your patience, and please submit feedback on Exchange wizard. If you have any issues, let us know here but be sure to open a support case as well. This is the last beta, so we are interested in investigating all issues you may be experiencing (despite the product is still officially in beta).

In addition, Microsoft SQL AIR Wizard went out of beta joining previously released Active Directory and Universal AIR wizards.
jefoley
Lurker
Full Name: John Foley

Post by jefoley »

Gostev,

I am trying to use Exchange AIR 5.0.2.227 to restore a user's Exchange 2003 mailbox. The wizard launches successfully, I can put in the name of my Exchange server (and Credentials), click Connect and the fully qualified DN of the exchange server and its IP are reported in the "Resolved DC" section. I click next and specify the user's mailbox account name (or email address) and select Exchange 2003 in the CAS pull-down - and perform a "Check", and the error "<TBD>Unable to access mailbox:The server is not operational" is displayed. I believe that I have everything setup correctly. What am I doing wrong?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Not sure what are you doing wrong. Please contact our support for troubleshooting. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Microsoft Exchange AIR Wizard has been released. The RTM version is available for download from our website. Thank you all for your patience and help validating the beta code.