Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sid6point7
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Fertmann

Architecture Question - Can I point A backup Copy Job from o

Post by sid6point7 »

I have an architecture question. Currently I have smallish backup infrastructure. One Veeam Backup server, one backup proxy/repository server and another proxy/repository server off site at a colo. I am building out a new site with VMware and veeam and would like to setup another backup server and proxy server. I would manage these 2 sites with Enterprise Manager. What I would like to do is point backup copies from the new site to the proxy/repo server (that is managed by the other Backup server) in our colo. Is this possible or do I need to deploy another proxy/repo at the colo to handle the copy jobs from the second backup server? Thanks for the help!
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Re: Architecture Question - Can I point A backup Copy Job fr

Post by nmdange »

You can use the same server for backup repositories for 2 Veeam installs, but you should configure the path of the repository for each install to be different. E.g. E:\VeeamServer1Repo and E:\VeeamServer2Repo
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Architecture Question - Can I point A backup Copy Job fr

Post by foggy »

Another thing to keep in mind is that both Veeam B&R instances should be kept at the same patch level. Also, plan the load accordingly, since the numbers of concurrent tasks assigned to these servers will be counted within each instance.