Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
emowrey
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Mowrey

Archive to Glacier details needed

Post by emowrey »

I'm currently using the Veeam Cloud Edition to push files up to Amazon S3. In the Veeam Cloud Console Welcome tab there's a neat little button that says "Archive to Glacier". I have been unable to find any documentation anywhere that explains what this is supposed to do or how it works. Being the curious type I went ahead and configured it anyway but, from what I can see, it doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Does anybody know how this is supposed to work or if there's any documentation out there that could explain it?

I apologize ahead of time if I'm missing something extremely obvious.

-Thanks
emowrey
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Mowrey

Re: Archive to Glacier details needed

Post by emowrey »

Just to clarify....I fully understand what Glacier is and how to use it. I'm just wondering what the mechanics are behind the Veeam "Archive to Glacier" process....
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Archive to Glacier details needed

Post by foggy »

Eric, this option allows to facilitate moving data from Amazon S3 to Amazon Glacier without additional modifications to the existing backup plans. In the dialog displayed you can configure what data should be automatically archived from S3 to Glacier. Here is the short yet sufficient description of this feature. Thanks!