Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cb122
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: p n

assurance report

Post by cb122 »

I am new to VEEAM, but I need to request some assurance reports on behalf of a compliance audit. For 2x Windows 2008 R2 servers, I need to see:
  • What is currently being backed up on the server, i.e. which drives/volumes, or "all"
    How often the backup job runs and at what time
    Where the backup is being written to, i.e. online or directly to tape
    Any log of success/failures over the past 30 days.
So I am basically after some pointers (perhaps with screenshots), where you can check this within the VEEAM management software (and the name of the veeam management software where this could be found would be most useful :) ) Bare in mind I dont manage backups/veeam so please keep the answers simple.

Thanks

CB
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: assurance report

Post by Gostev »

The name of the veeam management software where this could be found is Veeam ONE.
cb122
Influencer

Post by cb122 »

thanks gostev, can you give some pointers where exactly within veeam one that you could find what I need as per the above post.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can use the following reports to see this data:

1. VM backup status
2. Protected VMs
3. Protected VMs job schedule
4. Backup jobs historical information
5. Latest backup job status

Hope this helps!
cb122
Influencer

Post by cb122 »

is there anywhere you can see a sample report for each of those listed?
i dont currently have access to veeam one so to visualise the reports would be great.
which of the reports you listed shows what is being backed up and how often?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You can get some information on this page, and also schedule a live demo if desired:
http://www.veeam.com/virtualization-man ... ution.html
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

And here is another document that you might find useful > http://www.veeam.com/veeamone_7_0_dashb ... rts_pg.pdf
cb122
Influencer

Post by cb122 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:And here is another document that you might find useful > http://www.veeam.com/veeamone_7_0_dashb ... rts_pg.pdf
I have been through this link and I still dont know which report shows exactly what you are backing up on a given server, i.e. what drives/folders. Please suggest which report shows what it is I am after.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I have mentioned the reports that give you other information you've looking for. Currently, there is no way to review the list of virtual disks that have been excluded from the job configuration, but that's a good candidate for a new report. As a workaround you can use this this PS script to review your job settings.

BTW, what do you mean by saying to show what folders are backed up? Do you want to see everything that is listed on your virtual disk?
cb122
Influencer

Post by cb122 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:I have mentioned the reports that give you other information you've looking for. Currently, there is no way to review the list of virtual disks that have been excluded from the job configuration, but that's a good candidate for a new report. As a workaround you can use this this PS script to review your job settings.

BTW, what do you mean by saying to show what folders are backed up? Do you want to see everything that is listed on your virtual disk?
most backup software I have seen lets you chose what you want to backup on a server. That is what I am trying to see, what exactly we are backing up on a given server.I looked at that document you linked to and I couldnt see any report that listed what exactly is being backed up on a given server, please provide exactly which report lists what is being backed up for a given server.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam B&R is a VM-image based solution, you can backup either the entire VM or exclude some virtual disks from the image, and not folders that are located inside the Guest OS.

Most likely you were dealing with agent-based backup solutions, that, indeed, are doing file level backups and let you choose what to backup.