Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
EddyMandemaker
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Eddy Mandemaker

B&R V7 - Onsite to Offsite BackupDatamove

Post by EddyMandemaker »

Hello,
At our datacenter we have a synology NAS which functions as a repository for our backup files, files created as forward incrementals by diiferent jobs, run by a local B&R server V7. (using Enterprise Edition)
I want to have a second location of these files offsite, also on a synology NAS. Between we have a VPN connection, WAN speed !
What are my next steps to have the job adjust the files on the local NAS, and then run a 'backup copy' to get the offsite NAS files changed ..
I presume i need to copy some backup files to get them at offsite location, or can I best run first a local 'backup copy' job, and move that data to the offsite location (via extern USB disk) and adjust the 'copy backup' job ?
Please advice
Regards Eddy
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: B&R V7 - Onsite to Offsite BackupDatamove

Post by veremin »

Hi, Eddy,

You can create a new backup copy job, selecting local backup data as a source for it, and either start everything as is or seed backup copy job first in order to reduce the amount of traffic sent through the bandwidth during initial run. The information regarding seeding backup copy job can be found here.

Thanks.