Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
- Posts: 9
- Liked: never
- Joined: Mar 24, 2009 12:33 am
- Full Name: Frank Jones
From what I can tell I cannot do replication if backing up esxi hosts. Since the free ESXi does not have VCB support can you still do file level restore for vm's with ESXi? Basically I'm looking for a run down of what I miss out on that Veeam backup can do if I use ESXi instead of ESX with vcb. Thanks.
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 29915
- Liked: 5848 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
Hello, the only limitations Veeam Backup has around ESXi are:
- You cannot use ESXi as replication target
- You cannot backup to ESXi (meaning, you cannot store your backup files in storages connected to ESXi, as it is possible to do with "fat" ESX).
All other functionality still works.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], tdewin and 58 guests