Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TheVirtualDude
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Faisal Farooqui

Backing up VMs on a Quantum DXi3500 deduplication server

Post by TheVirtualDude »

Has anyone successfully created backups on a Quantum Dxi unit? I have created a CIFS share on my DXi and want to replicate the share offsite to our DR location to another DXi. In the middle of a job the backup crashes or goes really slow. Any insights could be helpful. Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Backing up VMs on a Quantum DXi3500 deduplication server

Post by Gostev »

Do you have the same issues when backing up to a regular Windows share? Worth checking to make sure the issue is with your DXi. Other than that, we should be able to give you more information on what is causing the issue if you provide our support with logs for the corresponding job (from Help | Support information).
TheVirtualDude
Influencer
Full Name: Faisal Farooqui

Post by TheVirtualDude »

If I backup to a Windows share, the backups run perfect. Ideally I would like to back up to the DXi so I can use that to store the Veeam backups so that I can remove one more physical server. I have a feeling its the DXi that has an issue. I am hoping somewhere in Veeamland that another user has successfully or unsuccessfully backed up to their DXi unit.
drbarker
Enthusiast

Post by drbarker »

I'd guess it's the DXi's adaptive de-dupe kicking in that slows things down.

I know it's a long shot, but can you turn it into a post-process dedupe box? (From memory, I don't think so :cry: )