Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jp34
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: JP

Re: Backup Configuration Failed Since v8

Post by jp34 »

Credentials are encrypted with machine key in DB, VM backup jobs can read them (VSS on guest OS is OK), but why configuration backup job cannot ?!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 2 people like this post

In cases when there are no issues with current credentials for the backup job, re-typing password when enabling encryption for the configuration backup job is not required.

I'm not sure why your configuration backup job cannot do that, it should be investigated by our support team, as we cannot troubleshoot this through the forums. Please tell your engineer to use a support tool that was made to detect these "orphaned" backup job credentials in the database, this should fix a problem.
guebert
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by guebert »

Hallo!

I have the same problem since I activated encryption for the configuration backup job only. The config backup does not run since then but I can't disable encryption, too. So how to come out of this loop?

I tried to retype all passwords in the dialog "Manage credentials", but this did not help.

Just to point it out once more: Only the config backup job was set to be encrypted (because I thought, this will include the credentials and make an restore easier ...)

Michael
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Michael,

Kindly, reach our support team directly and let them dig deep into corresponding logs. Once those are investigated, they will be able to find the root cause of exiting behaviour.

Thanks.
Jack1874
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Stuart Little

Post by Jack1874 »

Case # 02630786

We think we have a similar issue