Backup Copy Files Going Offline on Dell DR4300

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: Backup Copy Files Going Offline on Dell DR4300

Veeam Logoby inayama » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello.

I'm not sure where that registry key is in Win2k12 R2, but support did have me increase TcpMaxDataRetransmissions to 64.

They also had me change a registry key for heartbeat, so we'll see if that works.

Our initial POC with Veeam B&R 8.0 worked with the Dell DR4300 and we were able to re-confirm that it works with Veeam B&R 8.0. But we are already on vSphere 6.0 U2, which is not supported with Veeam B&R 8.0 U3. So something must have changed with these heartbeat process between 8 and 9.

Thank you,
Tadashi
inayama
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Tadashi Inayama

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 am

Tadashi,
Thanks for coming back to the forum with the additional information. Please let us know what the result is of those changes

Again, thanks!
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 384 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby inayama » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 am

Hello,

The registry hack worked, the files are no longer going off line.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication]
"DoNotCreateHeartbeatFile"=dword:00000001

The support engineer said that there is no KB article regarding this registry key.

Here's what he said: "Regarding the details of the change. The registry key changes the way how heartbeat process is performed. With key set, it doesn't create temporary file on repository to verify that it's writable. You can work with this key set, no issues were reported on using this key. There is no KB on this. "

Does anyone else have any information regarding this key?

Was there some change between the heartbeat process between Veeam B&R 8.0 and 9.x?

Thank you,
Tadashi
inayama
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Tadashi Inayama

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:04 am

Hi Tadashi,

First, I am glad that it worked and that Veeam and Dell together could find a solution. Interesting case though.

I am unfortunately not aware of changes of the heartbeat process between 8 and 9.x, nor am I aware what this key specifically does. I hope that someone else knows more about it so he / she can answer your question

Please keep us informed when issues would arise again.

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 384 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication