Backup Copy Intervals

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: Backup Copy Intervals

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Take a look at the answer provided by Tom; should clarify the interval concept for you.

As to backup copy job start time, you can set it five minutes or so after backup jobs start - 16-35.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 966 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby bungle » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Sorry still don't understand :?

I have a number of backup jobs daily incremental Mon-Fri, with full Saturday

I would like the backup copy job to only copy the fulls (created Saturday night) to the target, I had the copy every interval set to 1 day and schedule set to anytime, I have now changed copy every interval to 7 days and schedule to enable Sunday 6am - midnight every other time is disabled.

Will this do want I am trying to achieve?
bungle
Influencer

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mark Neely

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 pm 1 person likes this post

With these settings backup copy will create a restore point each Sunday. Please keep in mind that it doesn't copy the backup file as a whole, but synthetically creates restore point corresponding to the latest VM state available in the source repository.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1075 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby bungle » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks all I want to see on the target is a number of full backups and no incremental.

Backup Copy Target is an HPE StoreOnce and the requirement is long term retention of Weekly, Monthly and Yearly fulls I have ticked the box "Keep the following restore points for archival purposes" don't want to see any incremental on there, fast restores provided by DAS.
bungle
Influencer

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:36 pm 1 person likes this post

There will always be at least one increment in the regular backup copy chain though, since the lowest retention you can set is 2. All GFS (archival) restore points you've configured will be fulls.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1075 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby bungle » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Okay thanks for explaining
bungle
Influencer

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks all I want to see on the target is a number of full backups and no incremental.

It will be possible only if you set sync interval to 7 days, enable weekly GFS as well as "read the entire restore point" option. But since you're using daily sync interval, there will be always at least one increment (as Foggy's pointed out). Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 966 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication