Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tekno
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter Vilagi

backup copy job offsite via slow WAN

Post by tekno »

Hello

still using version 8 of B&R and im confused, how to configure once a month first weekend (lets say saturday).
As in backup copy job the schedule is not really best for my needs, i would like to ask how to configure it.
Our setup :

1 B&R backup server in decentral location with backup and wan proxy (source ~3TB of data on backup server, physical).
1 B&R proxy and wan proxy in central DC (destination physical server with a lot of storage).

currently slow WAN in between, so really cant test during the day and try various configurations of the schedule.

Each first weekend of the month, make a copy of all vm's (from backup job/infrastructure/files...does not really matter) to our central backup server.

Till now i have not tested the version 9, so second question is if i can have source v9 and destination v8

thnx
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: backup copy job offsite via slow WAN

Post by veremin »

A backup copy job with monthly sync interval might answer your requirements. It might be also worth seeding a job first to avoid initial full run via slow WAN link.
Till now i have not tested the version 9, so second question is if i can have source v9 and destination v8
You will have to add target as a backup repository to a v9 console. This operation will automatically install v9 components on the target server. After that, the updated components won't work with previous version of backup server. So, the answer is no.

Thanks.