Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Tnjus
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Thomas M Njus

Backup Copy Job time VS actual processing time

Post by Tnjus »

I am trying to gather reports on how long our backup copy jobs (to offsite) actually take. Currently, when I look at the reports (both in the Backup Enterprise Manager and the B&R console) it shows the "job" time. When I look at the details for each VM, when the job processing started and completed for each, the total "processing" time is usually significantly less. For example, we have jobs scheduled to run daily, but the actual processing may only take 3-4 hours. I would like to be able to report and track the processing time for each job. We would like to spread the job start time out based on this, but still make sure all processing is completed off hours.

Is there a report I'm not seeing, or is this a feature request?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup Copy Job time VS actual processing time

Post by veremin »

I believe you can get this information with the use of PowerShell. You will query the last session of backup copy job, then, drill down to the task sessions and check how long the actual processing took.

If you have problems with scripting, create a separate discussion in the corresponding subforum, and together we will try to find a solution.

Thanks.