Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Backup Copy Jobs, red mark

Post by ober72 »

Hi Folks,

When I go to look at my jobs in the disk section over some of the vms' in the backup copy jobs I see a red exclamation mark. I realise that this is not good, :) I rerun the backup copy jobs and these sometimes go away and then come back again later.

cheers
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Backup Copy Jobs, red mark

Post by Gostev »

Hi, sounds like something you may want to investigate with our support then :) cheers
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

....and make sure that your jobs are able to complete within the synchronization interval you have set in the job settings.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Post by ober72 »

Hi Vitaly,

Yes I think you have hit the nail on the head. I think that my jobs because there are a bunch of them are not finishing in the time period. So as I understand it, if you set the copy every.. to 1 day for example and you backupcopy job has not yet finished at X hour the next day, then it fails.
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, during next job cycle backup copy job will transfer the data it was missing on the previous run. If your backup copy jobs cannot complete within the sync interval, then you can either extend the interval or re-configure your backup copy jobs to send less data (use jobs with less VMs added) to the repository.