Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Luca82
Expert
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: lo

backup copy to a removable USB drive

Post by Luca82 »

Hi everyone, I was trying to figure out how to make a forever FULL backup copy job into a USB device. I try to explain better: I have already scheduled a backup job into a primary NAS repository; now I wanted to connect a USB drive to that NAS and configure a backup copy job in order to have a second copy (that must be always full) to a removable usb device. In this way I can pick up the USB drive and carry it away from the company. The day after I would like to put the same device into the same NAS and let veeam to override the old full backup with a new one. How can I schedule the job?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: backup copy to a removable USB drive

Post by PTide »

Hi, the only way to do that would be to setup you backup copy job in such manner that it does not start if no USB drive attached. Please check this thread. Also you'll need to append a few lines to that pre-run script in order to make it check the USB drive if any .vbk are present, and delete prior to running a backup copy.

Another much simpler approach will require you to set up retention period to "2". However, that will result in vbk + 1 incremental.

Thank you.