- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm
- Full Name: Jeremy Parks
I am new to to Veeam and have a some design questions for the group. I have 2 VMWare esxi clusters with 2 hosts per cluster. All VM's are on shared storage using NFS. The short term goal is to use Veeam to back up both clusters to a local dedicated NAS device and then in the future replicate that NAS to another device in a DR site. My questions thus far are,
1. Since my storage is accessed via NFS, I am correct in assuming that the SAN mode backup will not work?
2. If my next option is to install Veeam on a VM and use virtual appliance mode, where is the best place for that VM to reside?
Any thoughts, ideas, or real world best practices would be appreciated.
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 26706
- Liked: 4277 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
1. That is correct. You definitely want to use virtual appliance mode with NFS production storage.
2. Any host that can access all LUNs where backed up VMs reside.
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 30 guests