Vassilis-7
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Vassilis Kotsos

BackUp failed in one VM after months of success

Post by Vassilis-7 »

SUPPORT CASE ID: 5213653

Dear all hi!

After 4 months of successfully backup of 16 VM servers, one of them fails since before yesterday with the following error.
Failed to index guest file system. Details: Cannot start service. Machine: [172.16.1.72]. Service: [VeeamVssSupport]. Cannot start service. Win32 error:The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 2
Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Cannot start service. Machine: [172.16.1.72]. Service: [VeeamVssSupport]. Cannot start service. Win32 error:The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 2
Error: Cannot start service. Machine: [172.16.1.72]. Service: [VeeamVssSupport]. Cannot start service. Win32 error:The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 2
Typical workarounds like restarting, etc. didn't solve the problem.
I searched all the database and the forum but I couldn't find anything like that.
So I opened a support case of which the ID is shown in the first line of this post.
I'd appreciate any help.

The VEEAM version is 6.0.0.181 (64bits)
Our VM Servers run Windows 2008 R2 standard 64 bits

Thank you and best regards

Vassilis
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: BackUp failed in one VM after months of success

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Vassilis, opening a case with our technical support is the most proper step you could perform with this issue. Looks like Veeam VSS integration service does not work and logs review is definitely required to troubleshoot this. Thanks!
Vassilis-7
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Vassilis Kotsos

Post by Vassilis-7 »

Thank you foggy!

I already opened a case and i sent a log's substraction because the whole file is too big, 115 MB compresssed.
Mrs Tamara Dedicova already answered asking for the VSS logs and I replied asking where can I upload such a big file.

Thank you again.

Vassilis
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 46 times

Post by albertwt »

So what was the culprit of this problem ?

I also have similar problem an wondering what can I do to resolve the backup.

Thanks.
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The OP's case was logged in our old tracking system, which had already been demoted, so I cannot check for the solution. Please contact technical support directly with this, that would be much more effective than waiting for the OP of this two-year-old thread to come back with an update. Besides, the actual issue could be different, so logs review is required.