Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Backup Failed

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

We have been running the backup for almost a month now. Just last night the job failed (2 servers in a 2010 Exchange DAG).

One machine failed with the following error while the other machine was successful. I tried re-running with same result.

Veeam 7.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Errors for the specific server:

10/12/2013 4:08:09 AM :: Hard disk 2 (500.0 GB)

10/12/2013 4:09:04 AM :: Error: Client error: Block is not initialized.
Exception from server: Block is not initialized.
Failed to perform data backup.

10/12/2013 4:09:05 AM :: Processing finished with errors at 10/12/2013 4:09:05 AM

Thank you.

TS
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup Failed

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi, please include support case ID when posting about any technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic, otherwise this topic will be deleted. Thanks!
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi, please include support case ID when posting about any technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic, otherwise this topic will be deleted. Thanks!

We don't have a premium support, just standard (monday - friday). I created a new job and included only the server that failed. The job seems to be running.

Should I try removing the server from my previous job and re-added it back in?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can try to do that, but re-adding this VM to the job shouldn't make any difference. Your error seems to be related to VM configuration issue, (might be intermittent) as Veeam backup server cannot initialize virtual disk blocks of this VM. Can't say much without reviewing full log files of the failed job.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

Vitaliy S. wrote:You can try to do that, but re-adding this VM to the job shouldn't make any difference. Your error seems to be related to VM configuration issue, (might be intermittent) as Veeam backup server cannot initialize virtual disk blocks of this VM. Can't say much without reviewing full log files of the failed job.

The new job I created ran fine. I am going to edit the original job and force it to run a full active backup.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As mentioned, it might be a sporadic issue showing up on unpredictable basis. Even though re-creating the job seems to solve the problem temporarily, it doesn’t mean that the issue won’t occur again. So, in order to understand the root cause of the backup failure I recommend you opening a ticket with our support team and letting them investigate it directly.

Thanks.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

v.Eremin wrote:As mentioned, it might be a sporadic issue showing up on unpredictable basis. Even though re-creating the job seems to solve the problem temporarily, it doesn’t mean that the issue won’t occur again. So, in order to understand the root cause of the backup failure I recommend you opening a ticket with our support team and letting them investigate it directly.

Thanks.

Thank you. I edited the job and forced it to run Active Full Backup and it was successful. My guess is that the CBT was confused. On our normal Saturday we would run a synthetic full and run active full on first of the month of Saturday.

I just queue up for an synthetic full tonight and see what happens.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I’m still not quite sure that active full backup will solve the issue permanently. So, kindly, keep us updated about the results. Thanks.
mobin.qasim
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mobin Qasim

[MERGED] : Client error: Block is not initialized

Post by mobin.qasim »

Hi Guys,

One VM in my Veeam Backup job is being failed from 2 days. No changes were made to this VM. I never had this issue before. VM has 2 disks of 25 GB and 550 GB. 25 GB hard disk is being backed up but it gives the following error while backing up 550 GB hard disk.

VM001' Error: Client error: Block is not initialized.
Exception from server: Block is not initialized.
Failed to perform data backup.

I can see following lines on my Backup Job.

[AP] (1af1) error: Block is not initialized.\n--tr:Failed to digest of the [102400] block of item [VM001_1-flat.vmdk].\n--tr:Failed to compile statistic for the previous restore point

Can you guys please help me to fix this issue.

Ragards
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Client error: Block is not initialized

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Mobin,

Have you opened a support case?
If no, please do. If yes, please provide support case number.

Thank you.