Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ftbug
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Freddie

Backup files not showing as available

Post by ftbug »

Hi,

We have recently moved one customers cloud backup repository over to a different storage array. Most backup jobs have been able to re-map to the new storage, acknowledge the old vib/vbk files and take successful incremental backups apart from one copy job for that same customer.

When trying to map the backups to the original folder for that job, it is the only folder that does not show up to choose, where as the rest of the folders are all visible.

The folder is there on the cloud server, however it just doesnt show up when trying to map the original job to the folder.

I have synced the repository many times and the other jobs that are using the same repository, from the same customer are all working successfully.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup files not showing as available

Post by foggy »

Freddie, please check whether this folder contains VBM file along with the backups.
ftbug
Enthusiast

Post by ftbug »

Hi Foggy, we do have a vbm (backup chain metadata file) in the folder.

I have compared this folder to the rest of those that were moved over in exactly the same way, and they all look exactly the same
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If you've properly moved the backups to the new repository, re-scanned it, and still do not see the backup while trying to map it, I suggest contacting support for a closer look at your setup.
ftbug
Enthusiast

Post by ftbug »

Okay, thanks for the reply, i will raise a case shortly